Manage Scanned Documents with Ease
Making scanned documents searchable is a capability few document management tools offer, but with Vanguard, we optimize it.
Vanguard Systems’ Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Full-Text Search (FTS) capabilities, when coupled with our ECM Solution, create a comprehensive search engine for your documents. Using the same search technology as today’s popular internet search engines, this system makes it easy to find what you’re looking for.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
Vanguard OCR supports image-to-text conversion, converting images to PDF or text format while keeping the archived image in the original format. This capability allows you to use this text as searchable content for document searches.
Full-Text Search (FTS)
Vanguard FTS allows businesses to search documents in such popular image formats such as scanned files, ZTIF, PNG, JPG, and more. When combined with OCR capabilities that convert scanned images to text or PDF, this system can even search image formats.
FTS Search Capabilities
The incredible capabilities of Vanguard FTS include over two-dozen text search options, including:
- Phrase searching options to finds phrases (e.g. “due process of law”)
- Use Boolean operators, including connectors like “and/or/not” to join words and phrases (e.g. “equal protection or civil rights”)
- Proximity search options to find certain words or phrases within a set number of words of another word or phrase, signified by “w/#” (e.g. “apple pie w/38 peach pie”)
- Phonic searching to find words that sound alike (e.g. a result of “Smythe” in a search for “Smith”)
- Stemming function to find variations on endings (e.g. results for “applies,” “applied,” and “applying” in a search for “apply”)
- Fuzzy searching option to find any documents containing words that are spelled similarly to the search word. The degree of similarity can be changed for each search.
- Synonym searching option to find documents containing words that are synonyms for the search word (e.g. “benefits” in a search for “advantages”)
- Numeric range searching to find any number between two numbers (e.g. 6 and 36)
- Macro capabilities make it easy to include frequently used items in a search request Wildcard support allows you to hold single and multiple letter places (e.g. apples, applesauce in a search for “apple*”)
Integration Capabilities with Vanguard ECM
On top of the incredible search capabilities and optical character recognition for scanned documents, Vanguard ECM combines document management capabilities with full-text search capabilities to produce the best OCR software for your business. A few of the additional functions produced by this integration include:
Vanguard’s ECM automatically narrows the search list to only the documents within your application area, subject or document. This helps make your search more accurate.
Vanguard’s ECM security checks automatically block unauthorized users from viewing high-level documents.
Documents can be viewed to display hits or in their original file format.
Archival thresholds can be set according to document type, allowing the user to automatically process and archive high-accuracy documents while holding low-accuracy documents for manual review.
Find Out More About Our ECM Technologies Today
Vanguard Systems’ ECM is designed to work for any business, and that includes its ability to convert a scanned PDF to a searchable PDF. This allows everyone to benefit from OCR to PDF and full-text searches. Scalable, user-friendly and non-platform-specific, our document management system easily integrates into business frameworks for any industry.
Interested in learning more about Vanguard Systems’ ECM? See the software in action for yourself. We want every business to experience our service’s benefits, which is why we offer a free, no-risk, no-obligation demonstration. To schedule your demo and learn more about Vanguard Systems’ ECM, call 800-445-1418 or contact us online today.
See How Vanguard Systems Software Works Today
The best way to see how Vanguard Systems software works to protect and maximize the efficiency of your business is to see it in action for yourself. We want every business to be able to benefit from our services, so we’re happy to offer a free, no-risk, no-obligation demonstration of what we can do. To schedule your demo or discuss any of our software applications, call 800-445-1418 or contact us online now.